Today we had two great nap times, meaning I was able to get a lot of stuff done around the house. This next project was a little chest of drawers that I had back when I lived at my parents. When my parents moved, I got this back. It had a poorly painted beach chair on the side from back when I painted half of a palm tree on my bedroom wall (which never got finished). It was a solid piece but in serious need of a redo.
I wanted to mod podge book pages on the sides and ended up not liking it and painted over thinking it'd give it a cool look. I don't like that part. I should have just painted the sides like I did the top and the front. Live and learn.
After I painted the piece black, I went over the edges and scuffed them up with 150 grit sandpaper. I took brown acrylic paint and with my finger applied it to the edges to try that famous pottery barn look. I like how the paint job turned out and I'll try it again on another piece (without the book pages).