Friday, October 21, 2011

Frenchy

Frenchy is a little footstool that got a big makeover. She was picked up out of a garbage (I never get why people throw good furniture away). My mom actually beat someone to her! She's a prize to some people (this is a 'one person's trash is another person's treasure' story). She was sad looking in her leopard print.
.
.
I took out all the existing staples, took off the leopard and began working on my burlap design. I originally had my French bistro artwork on dark burlap which I liked better. It was all stapled on, getting the finishing touches when I laid Frenchy upside down in black paint. I couldn't recover from that so had to start over once again. I didn't have anymore dark burlap left so I did her over in the light fabric that I already had.
.
.
.
In the end She turned out looking better than before with some black paint on her legs. I don't absolutely love this piece and it was more work than expected because I did it all twice (even the leg painting because I didn't like the first color I chose with the lighter fabric). Live and Learn not to set your projects on your newspaper with paint all over it.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment