Monday, October 3, 2011

Pretty Upcycling


I've been all about making apothecary jars out of wide mouth vases and discarded glass candlesticks from thrift stores. They're very cheap and can be used to store bathroom things (makeup brushes, cotton balls, q-tips, etc.) or they can be used as centerpieces with candles and fillers (like coffee beans...I've seen this and it's very pretty, I can imagine it smells nice too). I've also done cake plates with the candle sticks and pretty, decorative plates.
.
.
I recently decided to try smaller china plates with candlesticks. These could be used as a cupcake plate for a special someone's birthday, or how I used them (on top of a dresser to hold jewelry). I always take my earrings off for the night and stick them on the nightstand. Sometimes they get knocked off, even lost. This will ensure that I have a place for my jewelry....a pretty place. :)
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment