Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Photos onto wood

.
I love the look of photos on canvas and plan to eventually make some of my own. I did have the materials on hand to do the next best thing: photos on wood. One of them I actually made an 8 x 10 box (with no back) and one I did just on an 8 x 10 piece of plywood. I like the look of both but it was obviously more time consuming to make the box and cut all those pieces.
.
.
To begin, I painted the edges of the wood all black. After the paint was dry I then put my hanging hardware on, as to not mess up my project at all once I was done. Then I covered the plywood mod podge, laid my photo on, and smoothed it out. Once the photo was in place I covered it in a light layer of mod podge in both vertical and horizontal stripes making sure to go over the edges of the photo. Once the mod podge was totally dry I used black paint on a small sponge brush to brush the edges and corners some. I love displaying photos like this and definitely plan to make more.
.
.
.

8 comments:

  1. They turned out very nice! I already knew about this method and now you remembered me, so I think it's time to give it a try myself next weekend :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures on wood. So different. Love your site. I am your newest follower.

    Best Wishes,
    Cindy @ changeofpacecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs frames? This is so nice. Saw you on Whipperberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I want to do that!! I may be a copy cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what kind of paper do you use for the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this this this weekend, thanks for the tutorial. Did you have a problem with the paper wrinkling? All four of mine wrinkled but I figured it adds to the look of the picture. Wondering how to keep that from happening next time though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you use regualr photos or photos printed on paper

    ReplyDelete