Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall Wreath



My inspiration for this project came from Craftberry Bush's post here. Her wreath turned out beautiful and I just love the colors. I'm really into making crafts out of book pages lately so I decided to make my wreath out of all book pages instead of using coffee filters. Here's how it turned out:
.
I really like it but don't have the perfect spot for it yet. I began with a foam wreath form and took each book page and ripped it into thirds.
.
I took each third, crumbled it up, and stuck a pin through it.
.
I pinned until the wreath form was covered. I then took some fake fall leaves I had in my fall decorations and traced them onto music paper and cut them out (3) to make my leaves. I found some sticks from outside, stuck them on the wreath and TA-DA, a cute and cheap DIY fall wreath. The fun thing is that no one has one exactly like mine. You can personalize it anyway you want to, maybe add a small monogram, maybe hang a miniture version of FALL bunting from my previous post across the middle, maybe add some fall colors, the options are endless.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreath, beautiful blog and beautiful work! (found you at the Shabby Creek Cottage Party) I'm a new blogger too, started in September :)
    http://becauseithinkican.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete